Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colorful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
What This Position Is All About:
The successful candidate will primarily focus on driving business results through the development and execution of world-class analytics designed to meet evolving business needs. He/she will support HBC’s strategies through the delivery of best-of-breed campaign management, measurement of all-channel and cross-banner marketing promotions, the extraction of key analytical insights, and by providing customer-centric recommendations. The scope of work spans HBC banners and includes both store and Ecom channels. The ability to think strategically about customer and business challenges and proactively propose solutions will be critical to their success. Forward-thinking is the key to this role as new technologies and opportunities present themselves.
Who You Are:
• Gather and translate business requirements on key projects
• Effectively manage project assignments and documentation, including establishing and communicating overall priority and defining project scope, deliverables and timing. Communicate assignment status against goals ongoing.
• Generate ad-hoc reporting/customer profiling and conduct customer analysis based on various models and segmentation including demographic, behavioral, and migration trends to support various Hbc initiatives and inquiries by extracting financial, demographic, and sales history information via HBC’s customer database.
• Generate customer-profiling analysis, campaign lists, and post-campaign analysis in support of various marketing and other CRM initiatives.
• Develop and present clear and comprehensive findings/recommendations to leadership on key initiatives.
You also have:
• A Master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field like Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics.
• 1 to 4 years of overall analytics experience with at least 2 years in marketing analytics and database marketing.
• Demonstrate strong technical skills, including proficiency in some of the following areas: SAS, R/Python, SQL, and Excel.
• Working experience with Oracle, MS SQL, Teradata, or other database products.
• Working experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy, or other business intelligence tools is an asset.
• Working experience with Unica Campaign or other campaign management tools is an asset.
• Knowledge of web analytics packages (e.g. Omniture, Core metrics, or Google Analytics)
• Proven ability to wade through data and apply findings to business problems that achieve incremental revenue and margin.
• Marketing and/or business analysis experience.
• Experience in retail, financial, or other consumer-based industries is an asset.
• Strong mathematical, written, and verbal communication skills.
As an Analyst, you will:
• Strategic Thinking – Think strategically by clearly anticipating future trends and consequences. Create a clear and compelling business plan and communicate effectively to cross-functional partners.
• Drive for Results - Pushes self and others to exceed goals and achieve breakthrough results. Recognizes the key actions necessary to achieve results, establishes and communicates the priorities to the supervisor, demonstrates persistence in removing barriers to achieving results, and encourages others to do the same.
• Business Acumen - Leverages business judgment to shape strategy, based on an understanding of operational, financial, and organizational requirements and capabilities.
• Provide tracking of various customer campaigns to determine success, as measured by the response, ROI, or other business objectives of the programs, and maintain data for any longitudinal analysis.
• Integrate existing analytical tools (segmentations, models, etc.) into analytical deliverables, analyze and interpret/manipulate data (customer database, Teradata/Data-warehouse, 3rdparty) from disparate sources, and translate data findings and interpretation of business requirements into actionable information.
• Subject matter expert on the data sources contained in the customer database and how they can be leveraged to address business challenges and opportunities.
• Coordinate with the internal IT department and provide instructions upon any database maintenance and restructuring.
• Participate in the strategic development of system capabilities within advanced analytics and modeling, data mining, and database marketing.
• Automate and streamline operational processes.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.