Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colourful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
The mobile Engineer is a critical senior role within the mobile technology team. This individual will help lead a team to design, develop, manage and expand backend support for our award-winning mobile applications that are critical to our omnichannel strategy. The position will be responsible for helping to set technology strategy and direction, make decisions on the technology used, and work closely with product management teams and business leaders to develop corresponding roadmaps. The position requires advanced-level knowledge of Cloud and Big data technologies especially when it comes to supporting world-class performant mobile apps.
Who You Are:
As the Mobile Engineer, You Will:
● Mobile application subject matter expert beyond the primary developer
experience, to include significant project experience
● Become SME on a custom WebKit-based hybrid platform
● Interface with the Web and Analytics team to deliver hybrid mobile apps
● Lead development and delivery through team leads and architects, overseeing the work to ensure quality and timely delivery of highly scalable applications and support defined business requirements
● Review business objectives and high-level requirements as defined by product
management providing analysis and feedback
● Work with Product and Project Senior Leaders to develop the overall roadmaps
and milestone-based plans
● Oversee work associated with installation, customization and integration efforts
● Oversee the translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
● Be a strong technical leader who can work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery.
● Serve as a leader for team members to learn from regarding mobile technologies, development and delivery processes, and overall leadership of people and technology
● Participate in internal process improvements, quality control and efficiency measures
● Additional Responsibilities as required
You Also Have:
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in developing mobile applications for iOS & Android platforms. Demonstrate a portfolio of released applications in the app stores.
● Proven ability in leading small teams to efficiently execute in delivery of mobile
applications end to end
● Extensive experience with iOS, Swift, OOP, Java, Kotlin, C#, and ReactNative.
● Experience in front-end web technologies (DOM Anatomy, js/CSS injection,
debugging through the console)
● Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems related to mobile applications
implementation including debugging performance issues related to web page
● Ability to interact with users and product managers to create end-to-end
specifications for mobile applications
● Provide guidance and production support. Develop tools to assist the
development process (eg. CI/CD, scripting)
● Knowledge of version control systems (GITHUB), experience with AWS, RESTful
APIs to connect mobile applications to back-end services, Jenkins, node.js
● Experience with Agile software development (using Jira)
● Nice to Haves:
○ Experience with Commerce Cloud Storefront
○ Experience with SalesForce OCAPI
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.