This job posting is no longer active.
Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colorful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change, and are looking to make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need an inclusive team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity, and vision every day.
You can learn more and view available positions in Bengaluru, by visiting http://www.hbcindiacareers.com/.
● Work alongside engineering, product, design, and business counterparts to understand requirements and
collaborate on technical solutions
● Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architectures and designs
● Design, develop, test, and deploy software that is highly scalable and supports defined business requirements
● Code Reviews and developing team-wide development standards and practices
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Minimum 8+ years of relevant Ecommerce or Enterprise-level development experience
● At least 3-5+ years of experience in planning, designing, developing, architecting, and implementing cloud
solutions on AWS platforms
● Experience in API architecture and performance optimization of highly scalable e-commerce platforms
● Develop different AWS services, including API, RDS instance, and Lambda to build serverless applications
● Work jointly with the IT team and other departments to migrate web applications to AWS
● Comfortable working on tight timelines, when required
● Experiences with web services, like API, REST, and RPC
● Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
● Experience in Java, Springboot, GraphQL, Redis, Cassandra, Postgres, DynamoDB
● Good understanding of integration and database.
● Understanding of core AWS services uses, and AWS architecture best practices
● Hands-on experience in different domains, like database architecture, business intelligence, machine
learning, advanced analytics, big data, etc.
● Substantial knowledge of Linux/Unix administration
● Expertise in collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of business analysts, data scientists, subject matter
experts, and developers
● Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues in distributed systems
● Proven ability in leading small teams to efficiently execute in delivery of mobile applications end to end
● Ability to diagnose and solve technical problems related to mobile applications implementation including
debugging performance issues related to web page load times
● Ability to interact with users and product managers to create end-to-end specifications for mobile
● Provide guidance and production support. Develop tools to assist the development process (eg. CI/CD,
● Knowledge of version control systems (GITHUB), experience with AWS, RESTful APIs to connect mobile
applications to back-end services, Jenkins, node.js
● Experience with Agile software development (using Jira)
Nice to Haves
● Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
● Knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud Platform and is hands-on.
● Experience with Commerce Cloud Storefront
● Experience with SalesForce OCAPI
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.