Day In The Life:
The Associate Manager, Site Operations will be responsible for supporting the digital teams in identifying
and troubleshooting issues with the publication of products and data flow issues between various
systems. Reporting into the Director of Product, UX, and Site Ops, they will act as liaison with tech teams,
raising any systemic issues and coordinate the execution of new initiatives. They will also compile data
reports to assist with site audits and maintenance. Supports activities that directly impact our topside
sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives.
This is an entrepreneurial role and a rare opportunity to join a start-up within a larger organization. You
will help operate and shape the future of the Zellers business, powered by The Bay’s e-commerce
What You Will Do:
● Improve efficiency by identifying, tracking, troubleshooting and resolving daily operational issues
while building knowledge as a system and process expert and act as technical liaison between
the Digital Product Onboarding, Ecommerce Merchandising Teams and Tech.
● Prepare and distribute item lifecycle reporting to support business needs and drive efficiencies.
● Support ongoing maintenance and adjustments to our Ecommerce systems, including Salesforce,
PIM and Marketplace via Mirakl
● Develop SQL queries to research, analyze, and troubleshoot data. Extract relevant and useful
data from a large datasets to create business reports.
● Responsible for ongoing training and systems documentation for the Digital Product Onboarding
and Ecommerce Merchandising Teams. Support operational knowledge sharing processes
across Digital Product Onboarding and Ecommerce Merchandising Teams.
● Understand and track key performance indicators/intended outcomes
● Works with customer operations manager to improve customer experience ratings ,e.g.
conversion metrics, repeat customer rates, reduced return rate
● Works with supporting teams to ensure timely resolution and communication of issues impacting
● Impact of operational improvement strategies: reduced item setup turnaround time, reduced
defect rate, reduced inventory issues
What You Will Need:
● Bachelor’s Degree paired with a minimum of 2-3 years experience in e-Commerce, retail site
● Understanding of retail ecommerce landscape
● Expert skills and knowledge of SQL
● Familiarity with site analytics tools (e.g., Omniture or Google Analytics) and experience with item
or content management tools
● Experience with the Salesforce platform, specifically Commerce Cloud Business Manager
● Technical aptitude with web-based tools paired with the ability to quickly learn new processes and
● Ability to perform well, problem solve and brainstorm in a collaborative environment
● Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
● Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on
responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
● Assertive, adaptable, and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing
● Proactive thinker with a Founder’s mindset who always advocates for the customer and is eager
to roll up your sleeves to get your hands dirty
● Strong and demonstrated analytical, strategic thinking, problem solving, communication and
● Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills for individuals at all levels
What You Can Expect:
● A People-first culture where One Team spirit and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are celebrated
and promoted at every step of the way
● An opportunity to work with highly supportive teams to help you build the career you want and
leave your Stripe at The Bay.
● A Competitive benefits package including unlimited paid vacation, medical, dental, vision,
parental leave top up coverages, retirement savings and more
● A Ways of Working Program that enables you to work where you are most effective
● A Living Well Program that provides a variety of offerings and resources to enhance your
physical, mental, and financial wellness, including Corporate gym membership rates.
● An amazing Associate discount of up to 40% off of top brands.
About The Bay & Zellers:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help
Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada
through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful
change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We
value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people
who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with
We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our
potential. come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy,
creativity and vision every day.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. The Bay welcomes all applicants for this
position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.