This job posting is no longer active.
Who we are:
As North America’s oldest startup and Canada’s purpose-driven digital marketplace, The Bay is on a high-growth mission to rewrite the rules of retail to help Canadians live a colorful life. If you believe in the power of our iconic brand and thrive on problem-solving at scale, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with
We are building a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our potential. We strongly encourage applications from everyone to come and join a winning team that supports diverse thinking and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
Day in the Life:
This Senior Manager role will report to the Divisional Vice President of Customer Insights and Analytics and play an integral part in the development and implementation of The Bay’s strategic direction. The key responsibilities of this role is twofold:
a) to lead at a high level the focus and priorities of our strategic marketing analytics (analytics) and the consumer research (research) teams, as well as,
b) To partner with stakeholders and senior executives to provide actionable insights to specific business, trade and customer problems by effectively leveraging our existing dashboards, scripts and research or by commissioning net new analytics and research from the team
The Bay research programs are based on business needs, leveraging a mix of methodologies - keeping current on evolving best practices across qual and quant research approaches. The team will think creatively around project approach and problem solving to drive the greatest impact of research
deliverables. The Marketing Analytics function for The Bay will use best in class tools, techniques and data and analytics methodologies to data mine through our transactional, behavioral and external third party data to better understand customer behavior and trade performance. The Senior Manager will ensure that best practices/approaches are being leveraged appropriately across all banners as well as the pipeline of research and analytics activities for the respective experts is being effectively filled with both BAU push and strategic pull requests.
The ideal candidate will have a strong strategic orientation, excellent communication skills, and superior analytical skills, demonstrated capability to deliver work and provide positive leadership in a fast-paced, multi-project team-oriented environment. They will also need to be a strong collaborator and influencer with all levels of the organization, including executives. Lastly but most importantly, a strong sense of outcome orientation and ownership towards the problem, so that they are comfortable using the best tool for the job. Each week will likely be different, but rest assured, you’ll be working on the key business priorities that will help shape the future of The Bay.
What You Will Do:
● Work at the intersection of data, analytics, primary and secondary research, and business priorities to help senior executives and stakeholders connect the dots and answer business questions (for ex: when the business wants to know why our customers are churning, the Senior Manager will leverage existing research and analytics deliverables to provide quick answers, but might also commission research studies and/or data explorations as required)
● Manage and grow a diverse team of talented associates across consumer research and data analytics while mentoring and coaching them to their highest potential.
● Marry data and research across all relevant sources to arrive at the optimal solution: proprietary research insights, database analytics, Customer Satisfaction insights, and Customer/Market syndicated data to develop a complete picture of customer and business opportunities.
● Depending on the needs of the team or business other duties may be requested to advance a
particular project or request
What You Will Need:
● Bachelor’s Degree
● 5-10 years of experience in retail consulting. Strong interest in sociology, customer psychology, and fashion/retail
● Skilled in data analytics (able to analyze data and develop actionable insights) - knowledge of SQL is a strong asset
● Ability to synthesize data/information and derive useful themes and trends within the business, in order to translate and articulate quantitative and qualitative findings into actionable strategies.
● Ability to shape communications/presentations around storytelling to best engage and influence audience
● Able to build strong relationships with, collaborate with, and influence business partners
What You Can Expect:
● Competitive salary and benefits package
● Associate discount up to 40% including top brands
● Flexible work environment that allows for work-life balance
About The Bay:
The digital-first transformation of The Bay takes us to the next level, with significant focus on technology investment and innovation - including the creation of Technology Hubs, increased fulfillment capabilities, expanded marketing and extended vendor partnerships for a highly-curated assortment.
Since the introduction of Marketplace in April 2021, The Bay has introduced more than 1,500 new or expanded brands and more than 25,000 new products through the new Marketplace Technology platform, and continues to grow and innovate on thebay.com — currently the 6th largest e-commerce
business in Canada. The Bay and Hudson’s Bay will work collaboratively to continue delivering an enhanced and seamless
We are proud to share our tenured commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Learn more about our commitment at HBC Foundation & HBC Heritage.
Our Commitment to Building a Winning Culture:
As One Team we have re-established our internal behaviours and culture to ensure we all succeed. One
Team provides the tools needed to shift our ways of working and creates change to become a purpose-
driven, digital first business. Our 4 pillars for embracing One Team are: Always be Customer Champions,
Performance and Purpose Driven, Keep it Simple & Change Agents.
Interested in Social Media?
Follow us on LinkedIn & Instagram
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.