This job posting is no longer active.
What This Position Is All About
This role at Hudson’s Bay will support various parts of the business. The Sr. Research Specialist will require a
strategic, results driven associate with strong business acumen and curiosity about why customers behave the way
The position involves joining a dynamic, fast-paced team and will require support across various strategic initiatives
and research projects.
As Research Specialist you will:
● Conduct ongoing global and local research on the retail industry and trends, while providing regular
updates to team members
● Manage day-to-day research operations to support on time execution of studies and reporting
● Supporting and working alongside team members you will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and
presenting information and data from a variety of sources.
● Produce timely and accurate analysis often with tight deadlines
● Support research & testing pipeline initiatives – including designing questionnaires for research
● Assist in drafting proprietary survey questionnaires and basic programming (familiarity with Qualtrics,
SurveyMonkey, Google Consumer Surveys or other survey softwares is an asset)
● Assist in data analysis, such as reviewing survey results and developing PowerPoint deliverables
● Build monthly reports on Voice of Customer program performance across multiple channels
● Manage routine Voice of Customer support functions that are necessary to maintaining research program
health for the team
● Assist in Voice of the Customer program support functions such as helping with ad hoc research requests
and reviewing data
● Masters or bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Psychology or
Business-related field from a top-tier college or university with an emphasis on behavioral or quantitative
● 2+ years of experience from leading market research agencies or in-house marketing research role
● Knowledge of the fundamental primary research methods (qualitative and quantitative). Able to integrate
quantitative data with qualitative findings
● Strong communication and presentation skills are a must, as well as the ability to present quantitative
findings to a non-quantitative audience
Must Have Skills
● Understand market research best practices
● Inquisitive and ready to go deep into data to find meaningful insights and patterns.
● Writing questionnaire and general understanding of sampling issues
● Ability to create slides that convey key research findings in compelling ways.
● Demonstrate complete ownership of the tasks/projects assigned
Nice To Have Skills
● Knowledge of advanced statistical analysis such as regression analysis, correspondence analysis, cluster
analysis and factor analysis.
● Analytic writing Skills
● Experience managing research vendors
● Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.