Day in the Life:
As an Assistant Planner for the Zellers business, you will support important strategic and operational decisions in partnership with a high energy cross functional team. We’re building a fun and engaging omnichannel experience for the customer and this Assistant Planner will support the Planner with the
development and successful execution of store plans that align to overall financial plans. You will be part of the team responsible for maximizing sales, driving profitability, and inventory management.
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned Planning Analyst ready to take on increased responsibility. We’re looking for a high performer with a vision of what a reimagined Zellers can be and who is excited about rolling up their sleeves to build it. As a start-up within the larger organization, we are a ‘small and mighty’ team with a license to experiment and learn as we design and launch an exceptional, digital-first shopping experience. Our team values intellectual curiosity, diversity of people and perspectives, and a proactive get-things-done attitude.
This role will actively support our DE&I framework by identifying opportunities to increase and promote diversity in our teams, products and brands. They will lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities.
What You Will Do:
● Responsible for development of store plans, store clustering, pre-season, and in season management for stores and digital channels for specific categories
● Oversee efficient flow of inventory from vendor to stores through partnership with logistics and supply chain management teams
● Partner with category management team to build and present analytical insights to maximize profitability (i.e. Top door analysis, style/depth count recommendations)
● Create initial allocation strategies, size curve recommendations and post mortem analysis
● Responsible for management of omni channel inventory to ensure alignment to location plans (stores and .com) and sales trends
● Provide guidance to Inventory and Replenishment Analysts (in-person and/or remote) regarding specific analyses / work products, financial expectations, and overall business strategy
● Collaborate with the store team to establish and monitor key parameters (i.e., proper model stock presentation by store, replenishment / in-stocks, SKU performance, etc.)
● Monitor flow against end-of-period (EOP) plan targets and assist in PO tracking from DC to stores
● Lead with inclusion to nurture our OneTeam culture by removing barriers for our Associates and communities
What You Will Need:
● Energized to build something new (i.e., strategy, processes, relationships, etc.)
● 3+ years’ experience in merchandise planning (i.e. Assistant Planner, Allocation Analyst) with atrack record of successfully delivering on strategic and financial category objectives
● Proven ability to create and support an executable business strategy
● Understanding of supply chain operations and inventory management
● Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
● Comfortable with ambiguity, change, and able to make quick decisions
● Proficient in working with large sums of data and drawing conclusions with imperfect information
● Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
● Gets things done by engaging in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
● A natural problem-solver, who is also intuitively analytical and creative
● Post-secondary degree in Business, Retail Management, or related field
● Strong knowledge of G-Suite and Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
● Working knowledge in site analytics tools (Microstrategy, JDA, DCRF, and Adobe Omniture) is preferred
● Strong Financial acumen is an asset
About The Bay:
As Canada’s oldest startup, The Bay is a digital-first, purpose-led retailer. Our mission is to help Canadians live their best style of life.
The Bay is on a high-growth trajectory to become one of the largest digital retail businesses in Canada through TheBay.com and its Marketplace. If you are looking to join an iconic brand, create impactful change and be recognized for your work, we want you to join our team.
At The Bay, smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value ambitious work and great ideas grounded in data and insights. We are looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, embrace change and are looking to make an impact with
groundbreaking ideas. We are a digital-first company and brand for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to reach our
potential. come and join a winning team that supports collaboration and demonstrates innovation, energy, creativity and vision every day.
One of HBC’s most beloved brands, Zellers holds a special place in Canada’s maple leaf-shaped heart. And now, with a brand spankin’ new zellers.ca website and 25 locations (to start!) within Hudson’s Bay stores across the country, customers can expect a helpful, playful shopping experience packed full of low prices day in, day out. With a core focus on design and value - and a healthy dash of the nostalgia Canadians know and love - Zellers is gearing up to become shoppers’ new go-to, from lifestyle to home and almost everything in between.
NOTE: Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Thank you for your interest In The Bay. We look forward to reviewing your application.
The Bay provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HBC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Bay welcomes all applicants for this position. Should you be individually selected to participate in an assessment or selection process, accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.